This is one of my family favourite meals and I often cook it also when entertaining. It is a very aromatic dish and tastes great hot or cold. You can serve it with cauliflower rice or broccoli rice for a lighter meal or with quinoa or basmati rice for more substantial meal or a very hungry crowd.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 thumb sized chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. tamari
- 1 or 2 tbsp. lime or lemon juice
- ½ cucumber, diced
- Red onion, diced
- 4 tbsp. sweet chilli sauce, mixed with a squeeze of lime juice
- red chilli, diced (optional)
- Handful of coriander, roughly chopped
Put salmon in a bowl and pour over the marinade made from the above mentioned ingredients. Season with pepper and marinate in a fridge overnight or at least 20 min.
Bake the salmon for 15-20 min according to your preference (pink or well cooked). Serve with the cucumber and onion sprinkled over and the sweet chilli & lime sauce.