(inspired by C. Bailey)
Makes about 12 biscuits
- 125g almonds
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- half tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 65g tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp xylitol
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 free-range egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius / gas mark 4.
- Place the almonds in a food processor and process to form a fine flour.
- Place in a bowl with a pinch of sea salt, the flaxseeds, bicarbonate of soda and sesame seeds.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the almonds and mix well.
- Using a dessert spoon, place spoonfuls of the dough on to a lined baking sheet, spacing apart as they will expand a little on cooking.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden. Cool on a wire rack to firm up.
- The dough can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days or frozen for up to 1 month.