This is one of my family’s favourite soups and I like to serve it as a starter / snack to our kids straight after school.
- 800g ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 300 ml bone broth (preferably home made)
- 100ml cream (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped herbs (parsley, basil and / or chives)
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Gently sauté chopped onion in olive oil over low heat. Add chopped garlic and tomatoes. Cook gently until all soften. Add bone broth and cook for about 20 minutes. Blend and season with salt and pepper. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese, chopped green herbs and cream, if desired.
If you find the soup too sour (especially if you opt to skip the cream), you can sweeten it with a dash of aged balsamic vinegar.