It’s February already! How are those New Years resolutions? Need some help achieving weight-loss goals?
So, here they are – 7 ways to help you shed that excess weight a little faster:
- Never skip breakfast. It ignites the metabolism early. It’s the most important meal of your day. An example of fat burning breakfast could be porridge oats with seeds and natural probiotic unsweetened yoghurt, as it contains slow releasing carbohydrates and protein.
- Increase protein intake. Mixing carbohydrate with protein slows down the release of carbohydrate to bloodstream, because protein takes longer to digest, and it lowers the GL of the meal. The best sources of protein are: unprocessed meat like poultry, game, beef, eggs; as well as fish and vegetarian sources like tofu, tempeh (fermented tofu, which is more healthy than tofu), almonds and nuts, chia seeds, flaxseeds, other seeds, quinoa and pulses (legumes).
- Add in eggs. They are fantastic source of protein, healthy fats and vitamin A. Poach, boil or scramble them. Avoid frying them, as the high heat damages the essential fats.
- Use more chilli peppers. The capsaicin, the compound that gives spicy peppers their zing, is known to be a metabolism booster as well as may curb your appetite while you eat. Why not try adding some chillies to your next winter soup or an omelette?
- Sip green tea. It is a rich source of phytonutrients called catechins, which increase the hormone responsible for making you feel satiated. Drinking green tea daily has long-term benefits as well. It can help prevent storage of excess fat, improve your appetite-regulations hormones and change how your body handles cravings and metabolises food.
- Hit the weights. Build up your body muscles and you burn more fat. Try drinking a cup of coffee before you hit the gym to enhance the results of exercise!
- Look after your thyroid. It acts as your body’s metabolism command centre. Eat iodine and selenium rich foods such as seaweed and brazil nuts.
Whether you are trying to loose weight or just wanting to maintain your physique, boosting your metabolism to a higher rate is always a good idea.